Thursday, November 13, 2008

The connecting egroup to this website testsite

Hi, I have tied in a previously mentioned egroup called: ADF-Druids. IT's tied to this test site, but I'm sure we will be able to attach it to the final site at our own protogrove website, the way it's done. I may have to change the ownership properites over to the protogrove's account once it's created, so that I personally do not own the egroup, but the Protogrove own's it.

In the egroup, I've finally figured out that at the top of each page that's created for the egroups subdivided areas, I will need to include the link of the website where we want it to go to. Currently on the 'Other stuff' page I created for the egroup where other topics and announcements outside the testing topic are posted, I did happen to put the druidpolarity website link. I will need to limit that and make the change to reflect the PG website.

I've been holding off starting the google apps section for the PG's website because of the business of my own personal schedule, working in the tests at this set of gadgets, etc., until I have a good feel of how to drive things and less difficulty getting the stuff put together for the PG.

I've also held off, hoping that we would be eligible to submit our application as a PrvG to the Mother Grove, thereby becoming a non-profit and eligible for the free status of the Premium package offered by Google Apps and with that, more options for the Protogrove. That would be a savings of $50 for our grove! Otherwise, during these very difficult economic times, I will need to figure out how to help the PG to come up with that $50 so we can take better advantage of more options for the PG website. We have a little cash stash, but we will be needing to renew our P.O. box very shortly too.

The MSN server is not going to handle 'groups' after February 2009, so now we need to actually rush to remove, copy and save our stuff.

In additon to all the above, I did a little thing of creating something or looking at the 'sites' feature, which I didn't realize was yet another separate feature of the Google Apps; I thought that was what I was actually already doing. I'll report back more on that, as it's been a good week since I've looked at it and need to refresh my memory about the findings and see if there's a lot more to learn regarding those features.

The one thing I really wish to do is to get all of the log-ins tied together so there isn't one after another sign on, sign on, and sign on. There must be a one log on feature somehow and I'll have to either search for it or inquire.

The sites, as I do recall, is the area that allows the website users to create their own site and pages for inclusion of their own personal data, material, etc.

Sites may also be the more extensive area used for 'collaboration' but I'll have to review if this is true.

There is a 'teaching/classes' feature somewhere on here that I spotted while I was already in the middle of another operation at the time, so I'll be on the hunt for that too. Here's being hopeful!

That's it for now. A busy day while we have a PG celebration 5th anniversary, also a birthday to celebrate tonight for one of its' members.

No comments: